Jebus, Mary and Joseph Gordon Levitt! Have you checked out the scheduled celebrity guests for the 2013 Emerald City Comicon happening March 1-3rd at the Convention Center?
- The ORIGINAL Batman and Robin, Adam West and Burt Ward!
- “Tonks” from the Harry Potter movies!
- The ORIGINAL Starbuck from the “Battlestar Galactica: TOS”, Dirk Benedict!
- That tough lady vamp, Pam from “True Blood”, actress Kristin Bauer (also famous for being Seinfeld’s girlfriend with the “man hands”)
- Agent Dana Scully from “The X Files”, everyone’s favorite bisexual actress Gillian Anderson!
- “Michonne” and “Carl Grimes” from “The Walking Dead”!
- Walter “Chekov”Koenig from Star Trek: TOS!!!
- Mother freaking Carrie “Leia” Fisher and Billy Dee “Lando” Williams from the ORIGINAL STAR WARS!!!
- And, most of all, Sir Patrick Stewart, aka Jean Luc Picard, aka Professor Xavier, aka Sejanus from “I, Claudius”!!!
(Yes, I am most excited because he was in the best TV show of all time…no, not “Star Trek: TNG” but the BBC’s “I, Claudius”!!!!)
Emerald City Comicon really has their movie/TV based FanBoy/Girl bases covered, don’t they? They got people from two different “Star Treks”, plus Classic “Star Wars”, plus “X-Men”, plus “Battlestar Galactica”, plus hot current shows like “True Blood” and “The Walking Dead”. Really, the only thing missing is anyone from “Dr. Who” or “LOTR/Hobbit” which is understandable since it’s expensive to bring guests in from the UK or New Zealand.
Since we’re not huge comic book readers, we can’t gush over the comic book guests, but we’re pretty sure they’re awesome, too. (Other than “Watchmen”, the only comic book series Mr. Strangeways got excited about, back in the day, was the fringe/indie “Nexus” by Mike Baron (writer) and Steve Rude (art) and only old timers and ubernerds know about it…)
Tickets and passes for the 2013 Emerald City Comicon are available at the website…certain passes can sell out, so don’t dawdle. And, we’re guessing that they’re not done announcing guests or their special events.