|When:||Back to Calendar June 23, 2012 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm||Where:||Gay City Health Project
517 E Pike St
Click to view map✔ Add to Calendar Add to Google Calendar
|Categories:||Art Events Free Events Gay City|
Exhibit Dates: June 23 – July 22, 2012
What does our creative community look like? How do you see yourself when you close your eyes? Portraits of Pride 2012 is an opportunity to introduce yourself to the world. Whether you prefer to express yourself in photographic detail or to abstract your personality in visual form, this show will bring together the many faces of the LGBTQ community in celebration of Gay Pride! All forms of art are welcome! Gay City invites Pacific Northwest artists to submit self-portraits to be included in the upcoming exhibit, Portraits of Pride 2012.
To Apply: Please send the following items as attachments to Cody Blomberg:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline for emailed application: June 10th, 2012.
- Bio or Artist statement, including phone number, email, and mailing address.
- 1 to 3 jpeg images of the work to be included in the exhibition, with title and dimensions.
- If the work is not yet completed, please send images of past work and a timeline for completion.
- Applicant must be 18 years or older.
- Deadline for art delivery Wednesday, June 20th
If a work is purchased during the show, Gay City requests a 30% commission donation in support of Project BuildOUT.
Gay City will host a Portraits of Pride 2012 Artists’ Reception as part of a larger Open House Brunch on Saturday, June 23rd, from 10:30am to 12:30pm at 517 E. Pike Street (Pike & Belmont).